hope this reinforces what I have been saying to my swimmers – I AM NOT MAKING THESE THINGS UP GUYS!
With the Northern hemisphere open water season getting underway, and temperatures in many locations edging around the magic number, (10C/50F) , open water related questions inevitably arise as each year brings new swimmers and more triathletes.
A common question is some variation of:
I want to swim 1.5k/3k/3k/10k, can I do it or what should I do to prepare?
There are different answers for this depending on many factors:
- What is your swimming experience?
- What is your current swim training?
- What is your open water experience?
- Wetsuit or not?
- Sea, river or lake?
- How long do you have to prepare?
I have covered many aspects of these questions, such as getting started, essential rules of cold water swimming, basic skills, swimming in different conditions, etc. (The How To category has more of these).
- To swim any significant distance in open water the first requirement is regular swimming…
View original post 989 more words